Why Join ACT?
LIFE AT ACT :
People are our most important assets. Sharing company success is an integral part of our philosophy for compensation and benefits. We offer multiple incentive plans to attract, retain, develop, and motivate talent.
Employee Compensation :
We provide a variety of competitive compensation programs to motivate employees by aligning their personal contributions and the company's long-term team and business goals. We are committed to thoroughly implementing pay-for-performance incentive programs.
Employee Benefits :
We offer comprehensive and quality employee benefits to take care of our employees and their families.
GROW YOUR CAREER @ ACT
Culture & Values :
ACT is more than the products and service we provide – the way we do business is just as important. At ACT, our vision and goals define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Our Vision :
Our vision is to provide reliable, quality, and cost-efficient cooling solutions, and expert service support for our customers through.
- - We develop our employees by helping them succeed not just at work but in life, as well.
- - We delight our customers We delight our customers by understanding their needs and delivering real solutions, proactively.
ACT offers you the opportunity for self-development. You will develop your skills and capabilities by taking on challenging tasks and getting involved in interesting projects. The opportunity is up to you: either you take the challenge and grow in your specialized area, or you can take a sideways step and enter into new fields. You determine your development path in consultation with your manager. Regular feedback allows you to assess your current qualifications and the requirements which have been established for you and your work. Together you define your next set of development goals and what you need to do to achieve them. Your development at ACT is predicted by your willingness to learn and your personal commitment.
Our work environment encourages you to take the initiative and demonstrate your abilities. Everyone at ACT is encouraged to perform to the highest professional standards – and your contribution will be recognized and rewarded.
Performance minded :
You’ll have the experience of working together with other outstanding people who are used to performing to the most exacting standards. When you join us, you’ll find we’re committed to our values of truth, clarity and performance. If you admire those qualities, you’ll be in good company.
Career Opportunities at ACT
We are looking for a seasoned service manager with chiller/refrigeration experience. Experience in working with Medical Industry cooling systems a plus. This position requires at least 6-10 years hands on diagnosis and troubleshooting experience with HVAC, chiller and refrigeration problems. The ideal candidate should be PROACTIVE with very strong analytical, phone support, and technical troubleshooting skills. Some irregular work schedule may be required.
We are also looking for a Sr. Financial Accountant with 8+ years of experience handling month-end close, financial reporting and analysis, system governance, maintaining the General Ledger structure, supervising and supporting AP, AR, Payroll and other functions within the accounting department.
Bay area candidates preferred. We currently do not offer relocation package.
Current Open Positions:
Service Manager - Medical Cooling
At least 6-10 years hands on diagnosis and troubleshooting experience with HVAC, chiller and refrigeration problems. HVAC/R certification. Supervisor or instructing field personnel a requirement.
- Provide guidance and advice to field technicians and contractors over the phone (85%) or on-site (10-15%) in diagnosis, repair, installation and calibration of medical cooling equipment.
- Regularly contact customers to evaluate service performance, solve issues and seek opportunities for improvement.
- Manage service team and emergency response system to ensure service calls are answered 24/7 and response to customers within 15 minutes.
- Provide training to contractors and customers online or on-site, work with service manager to develop training materials.
- Visit customers' facilities for on-site repair or installation in some cases, provide technical support/advice, supervise the repair/installation/calibration process.
- Assist in resolving product or service issues by clarifying customers' inquiries and complaint, determining the cause, selecting and explaining the best solution, expediting corrections or adjustments, and following up to ensure timely resolution. Seek technical advice from manufacturer's support group.
- Analyze complex/difficult emergency cases and repeated technical issues, provide timely feedback to the management and manufacturer.
- Build customer relationships and develop cooperative network of service providers.
- Assist management in developing business relationship with potential customers.
- Strong HVAC, Refrigeration, Chiller experience or HVAC certificate. College level training courses required.
- Previous troubleshooting, installation/calibration/repair experience in A/C or HVAC field highly desired.
- 6-10 years directly related work and industry experience.
- Ability to lead teams. Ability to direct work and meet critical deadlines.
- A sense of urgency, customer-oriented, excellent customer service skills.
- Strong work ethics, multi-tasking ability, exceptional organizational skills, ability to get work done in a timely manner.
- 5+ years project management experience desired. Ability to plan, estimate, develop proposals, create action plans, organize and rally team members, track work, direct resources, hold team members accountable, manage risk, develop mitigation, think 3 steps ahead.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills over the phone or in person. Must be comfortable providing technical advice on the phone on daily basis.
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills including Excel, Word, PPT, etc.
- Must be able to create engineering analyses, executive-level reports and sales presentations.
- Solid problem solving and conflict resolution skills required.
- Be able to lift 20 lb (parts and supplies).
- Some irregular work hours may be required. 10-15% domestic/international travel may be needed.
Requiring a broad range of accounting experience including 8+ years handling month-end close, financial reporting and analysis, GL, business controls, AP, AR, and Payroll. Experience in process design and inventory management/controls required.
- Take full responsibility of end to end month-end process, able to meet deadlines.
- Manage a team of 3 to 4 accountants and contractors.
- Prepare financial statement and other financial reports in a timely manner.
- Building budgets, forecasting for operations team as well as special projects.
- Work with other accountants as a super user to fully execute QuickBooks Enterprise functions in supporting sales and service operations, facilitate the interface transaction to Salesforce and ADP.
- Assist in system implementation and enhancing accounting procedures.
- Oversee AP and AR operations, provide guidance and assistance to accounting staff.
- Collaborate with sales and service operations team to ensure smooth accounting transactions and provide best support as needed.
- Take charge of inventory control, facilitate monthly inventory count activities with service and accounting staff.
- Work with managers to develop and implement accounting policies and procedures
- Support procurement activities for sales and service teams.
- Assist with office and team operations in other areas and in various projects.
- Prepare and present financial reports to managers or investors.
- B.S degree in Accounting OR Finance from an accredited university.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience OR abilities to lead a small team of staff.
- Skilled in preparing accurate and complete financial reports from accounting records.
- QuickBooks experience preferred. Intermediate to advanced level Excel required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to articulate financial terms to managers.
- Outstanding organizational skills required, able to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent analytical and strategic problem-solving skills with high attention to detail.
- A pro-active attitude is a must.
- Presentation skills highly desired